Current information about the Covid-19 protection plan
Below you will find up-to-date information on the measures we are implementing to protect our members and employees.
The certificate requirement was enacted by the Federal Council. Neither an extraordinary termination nor a refund can be requested in this regard.
Yes, all members can freeze their membership during the certificate period free of charge. The duration of the time-stop depends on your membership.
Premium members: Time-Stopp for a maximum of 3 months. No administration fee
– Option 1: Time-Stopp for a maximum of 30 days. No administration fee
– Option 2: Time-Stopp for a maximum of 3 months. CHF 25 administration fee
All other members: Time-Stopp for a maximum of 30 days. No administration fee”
No, from 13.09.21, training at the fitness club is only possible upon presentation of a valid COVID certificate and ID.
No, the Federal Council has introduced a certificate requirement from 13.09.21. We have to follow this order and a Covid certificate is mandatory.
Furthermore, masks remain mandatory until the Covid certificate is checked (entrance area and reception).
No, you can show the Covid certificate along with an ID document once, and the validity date of the Covid certificate and the verification date are stored in the system. This gives you access to the fitness club until your Covid certificate expires. If you agree to the data storage, please fill in the consent form and take it with you to the training session in paper form (download consent form).
Important: Even if the data is stored in the system, each member must be able to show the Covid certificate in the event of an official control.
For the time being, the certificate requirement applies until 24.01.2022. Then the BAG will take a new decision.
The normal opening hours apply, which are provided on the website under Club Details.
The following opening hours apply until further notice to clubs that are usually open 24-7 (Horgen, Jona, Wetzikon and Wohlen):
- Monday to Friday: 6.30am – 11pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9am – 8pm
Peak times are from 12 noon till 2pm and from 5pm till 7.30pm.
We recommend that you are flexible about integrating training into your working day and do not visit the fitness club at the busiest times around midday and in the evening. This will help us to maintain the social distancing rules.
No, the number of people is no longer limited. However, we recommend that you avoid the busiest times around midday and in the evening.
Yes, Live Group Fitness classes will be offered again beginning Monday, 10/05/2021.
As of 09/13/2021, the following points must be considered to protect against virus transmission:
- There will be a certificate requirement for all Group Fitness participants
- The number of participants is not limited
- The current course schedules are available in the app and on mybasefit.ch
- Register online at mybasefit.ch for the course (mandatory)
- Follow the instructor’s instructions regarding setting up, disinfecting and cleaning up the equipment
As of 09/13/2021, face masks are mandatory until the Covid certificate is checked (entrance area/checkin). For this reason, we ask you to wear a face mask when entering the fitness club until checkin. This also applies to people with a medical certificate.
There is no mask obligation on the training area, changing rooms and in the group courses.
- COVID certificate requirement: From Monday, 13 September, a COVID certificate will be required to access basefit.ch Clubs
- Ventilation: The club is regularly aired by staff during opening hours.
- Cleaning: Every day, a general cleaning of the clubs will be carried out by an external
cleaning company. The contact surfaces of the equipment are permanently disinfected by an employee during opening hours.
- Hand disinfection stations: The disinfection stations at the entrance and on the training area will remain in place.
- Training only possible with valid Covid certificate
- Only exercise with a towel.
- Disinfect the equipment after each use.
- Check in and out through the turnstile.
- Follow BAG rules. Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Stay at home if you are in a risk group or have symptoms.
- Try to avoid peak times (approx. 12pm – 2pm and 5pm – 7.30pm).
Check if you have symptoms of the COVID-19 illness.
The following symptoms are most common:
- cough (usually dry)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- fever, feeling feverish
- muscular pains
- sudden loss of sense of smell and/or taste
- gastrointestinal problems
The symptoms vary in severity and can also be mild.
If you have one or more of the common symptoms then you may have coronavirus.
Members with coronavirus symptoms cannot take part in training and must stay at home. In accordance with the advice of the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG), we recommend that you seek medical advice (family doctor) and have further checks carried out. Please also read the instructions on Self-isolation. We ask that members inform us immediately if they are infected with coronavirus.
Further information can be found here.
- Persons aged 65 and over
- Adults with the following pre-existing conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Diseases and therapies that weaken the immune system
- Obesity grade III (morbid, BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- In the document COVID-19 Ordinance 2 , the FOPH provides constantly updated lists of those persons who, according to the latest scientific findings, are considered to be particularly at risk.