Current information about the Covid-19 protection plan
Below you will find up-to-date information on the measures we are implementing to protect our members and employees.
Your membership will be suspended until the end of the lockdown. No fees are charged for the renewal of membership.
Base 12 / Base 24
A maximum of one month will be added at the end of your contract.
Due to cantonal measures against the spread of the coronavirus, the following clubs are closed:
- Basel Clara Huus, Basel Dreispitz, Basel Markthalle and Basel St. Johann: closed from 23.11. – 13.12.2020
- Chur: closed from 05.12. – 17.12.2020
During the studio closure you can use all other basefit.ch clubs.
All other basefit.ch Clubs are open. All areas are accessible subject to the requirements of the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG). However, we recommend that you change and shower at home.
- Only exercise with a towel.
- Disinfect the equipment after each use.
- Keep 1,5 m away from other people.
- Check in and out through the turnstile. This ensures that the capacity limit is not exceeded.
- Follow BAG rules. Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Stay at home if you are in a risk group or have symptoms.
- Try to avoid peak times (approx. 12pm – 2pm and 5pm – 7.30pm).
Check if you have symptoms of the COVID-19 illness.
The following symptoms are most common:
- cough (usually dry)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- fever, feeling feverish
- muscular pains
- sudden loss of sense of smell and/or taste
- gastrointestinal problems
The symptoms vary in severity and can also be mild.
If you have one or more of the common symptoms then you may have coronavirus.
The best way to protect yourself from infection is to continue to follow the rules of hygiene and conduct. The following recommendations apply:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap.
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from other people.
- Also follow the rules of hygiene and conduct when you meet friends or family.
- Avoid peak times in locations with a high concentration of people (e.g., commuter hours on public transport or at the train station, shopping on Saturdays). However, if you are in locations with a high concentration of people and cannot maintain the necessary distance, the FOPH recommends that you wear a hygiene mask.
Yes, the number of people per club is limited. The max. number of people for each club has been calculated individually based on the space. Please see the notice on site.
We have installed a check-in system via turnstile (trickle entry) to enforce the capacity limits. This works in the same way as shops that control the max. number of people at the entrance.
We recommend that you avoid the busiest times around midday and in the evening (see question 3).
From 23.11.2020 the clubs in Bern Lorraine, Bern Bümpliz and Biel will be open again. We now offer a guided group training. Individual training is not possible due to the cantonal measures against the spread of the corona virus. Find more information here.
The normal opening hours apply, which are provided on the website under Club Details.
The following opening hours apply until further notice to clubs that are usually open 24-7 (Horgen, Jona and Wetzikon):
Monday to Friday: 6.30am – 11pm
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9am – 8pm
Members with coronavirus symptoms cannot take part in training and must stay at home. In accordance with the advice of the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG), we recommend that you seek medical advice (family doctor) and have further checks carried out. Please also read the instructions on Self-isolation. We ask that members inform us immediately if they are infected with coronavirus.
Further information can be found here.
Starting from 29 October 2020 it will be compulsory in all basefit.ch clubs to wear a face-mask. We ask all members in the entire club to wear a mask. A mask must also be worn during training and group courses.
Members with a medical certificate of exemption from the face-mask rule:
- Even members who are exempt from the obligation to wear a face-mask can carry and spread the virus. They therefore represent a danger to other members and employees. For this reason, no exception from the face-mask rule is allowed in any club even if a medical certificate is presented.
- Members with a medical certificate of exemption from the face-mask rule can pause the membership free of charge under mybasefit.ch, as long as the face-mask rule applies in the clubs. For this purpose, a valid medical certificate must be uploaded.
Peak times are from 12 noon till 2pm and from 5pm till 7.30pm.
We recommend that you are flexible about integrating training into your working day and do not visit the fitness club at the busiest times around midday and in the evening. This will help us to maintain the social distancing rules.
- Equipment has been positioned to ensure the minimum distance of 1,5 m between people exercising. Equipment that could not be moved and is too close together is either temporarily out of use or subject to appropriate restrictions. Please comply with displayed instructions. Ample training stations are available.
- The number of people per fitness club is limited.
- Live Group fitness courses are being held with a max. of four people and one trainer (the start date is not yet known).
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been provided in the entrance area. The sanitising stations in the training area have also been increased
- An external cleaning company undertakes general cleaning of the clubs every day.
- The contact surfaces of the equipment are continually disinfected by a member of staff during opening hours.
- Hand sanitiser is now available to buy in the Club.
- Card payment is preferred.
As of now, you can use the basefit.ch app to check how many people are currently training in your club. This helps you to avoid peak times and gives you more space for training.
If you do not yet have the basefit.ch app, you can download it from the App Store or Google play.
- Persons aged 65 and over
- Adults with the following pre-existing conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Diseases and therapies that weaken the immune system
- Obesity grade III (morbid, BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- In the document COVID-19 Ordinance 2 , the FOPH provides constantly updated lists of those persons who, according to the latest scientific findings, are considered to be particularly at risk.
Yes, we offer Live Group Fitness in nine clubs. These are: Basel Clara Huus, Basel Markthalle, Chur, Schlieren, Pfäffikon, Volketswil, Lenzburg, Zurich West and Zurich Altstetten. The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 15 persons.
Register here for your free Live Course. Just use the code restart01 when you register.