Current information about the Covid-19 protection plan
From 6 June 2020, training activities in all sports will be permitted again, subject to compliance with club-specific protection plans. Below you will find up-to-date information on the measures we are implementing to protect our members and employees.
Yes, all clubs are open. All areas are accessible subject to the requirements of the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG). However, we recommend that you change and shower at home.
The normal opening hours apply, which are provided on the website under Club Details.
The following opening hours apply until further notice to clubs that are usually open 24-7 (Horgen, Jona and Wetzikon):
Monday to Friday: 6.30am – 11pm
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9am – 8pm
No, wearing a mask is not required in the clubs.
Peak times are from 12 noon till 2pm and from 5pm till 7.30pm.
We recommend that you are flexible about integrating training into your working day and do not visit the fitness club at the busiest times around midday and in the evening. This will help us to maintain the social distancing rules.
As of now, you can use the basefit.ch app to check how many people are currently training in your club. This helps you to avoid peak times and gives you more space for training.
If you do not yet have the basefit.ch app, you can download it from the App Store or Google play.
Yes, the number of people per club is limited. The max. number of people for each club has been calculated individually based on the space. Please see the notice on site.
We have installed a check-in system via turnstile (trickle entry) to enforce the capacity limits. This works in the same way as shops that control the max. number of people at the entrance.
We recommend that you avoid the busiest times around midday and in the evening (see question 3).
Yes, we offer Live Group Fitness in nine clubs. These are: Basel Clara Huus, Basel Markthalle, Chur, Schlieren, Pfäffikon, Volketswil, Lenzburg, Zurich West and Zurich Altstetten.
Register here for your free Live Course. Just use the code restart01 when you register.
- Equipment has been positioned to ensure the minimum distance of 1,5 m between people exercising. Equipment that could not be moved and is too close together is either temporarily out of use or subject to appropriate restrictions. Please comply with displayed instructions. Ample training stations are available.
- The number of people per fitness club is limited.
- Live Group fitness courses are being held with a max. of four people and one trainer (the start date is not yet known).
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been provided in the entrance area. The sanitising stations in the training area have also been increased
- An external cleaning company undertakes general cleaning of the clubs every day.
- The contact surfaces of the equipment are continually disinfected by a member of staff during opening hours.
- Hand sanitiser is now available to buy in the Club.
- Card payment is preferred.
- Only exercise with a towel.
- Disinfect the equipment after each use.
- Keep 1,5 m away from other people.
- Check in and out through the turnstile. This ensures that the capacity limit is not exceeded.
- Follow BAG rules. Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Stay at home if you are in a risk group or have symptoms.
- Try to avoid peak times (approx. 12pm – 2pm and 5pm – 7.30pm).
- Face masks are temporarily not compulsory.
Check if you have symptoms of the COVID-19 illness.
The following symptoms are most common:
- cough (usually dry)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- fever, feeling feverish
- muscular pains
- sudden loss of sense of smell and/or taste
- gastrointestinal problems
The symptoms vary in severity and can also be mild.
If you have one or more of the common symptoms then you may have coronavirus.
Members with coronavirus symptoms cannot take part in training and must stay at home. In accordance with the advice of the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG), we recommend that you seek medical advice (family doctor) and have further checks carried out. Please also read the instructions on Self-isolation. We ask that members inform us immediately if they are infected with coronavirus.
Further information can be found here.
- Persons aged 65 and over
- Adults with the following pre-existing conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Diseases and therapies that weaken the immune system
- Obesity grade III (morbid, BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- In the document COVID-19 Ordinance 2 , the FOPH provides constantly updated lists of those persons who, according to the latest scientific findings, are considered to be particularly at risk.
The best way to protect yourself from infection is to continue to follow the rules of hygiene and conduct. The following recommendations apply:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap.
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from other people.
- Also follow the rules of hygiene and conduct when you meet friends or family.
- Avoid peak times in locations with a high concentration of people (e.g., commuter hours on public transport or at the train station, shopping on Saturdays). However, if you are in locations with a high concentration of people and cannot maintain the necessary distance, the FOPH recommends that you wear a hygiene mask.